Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Appearing of Christ


The Appearing of Christ

From my journal notes; 9,29,2012

Col 3:3-4 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also
appear with Him in glory.

 If Christ is apparent to others in your life, then your soul life has been to the cross and you have participated in His death and His resurrection life, to one degree or another.  Like a single seed that is planted in the ground, it is a process from planting to harvest; first the planting, then the appearing or manifestation of the blade, then the full corn in the ear....and so "the sowing of the seed" is a parable of this manifestation or appearing of Christ in the Sons of God and their new Kingdom life.

 Mar 4:26-29 And He said, "So is the Kingdom of God as if a man
should cast seed into the ground, and should sleep, and rise night
and day, and the seed should spring up and grow, he knoweth not
how.  For the earth bringeth forth fruit of herself: first the
blade, then the ear, after that the full corn in the ear. But when
the fruit is brought forth, immediately he putteth in the sickle,
because the harvest is come."

 And... so important to remember is; that we are saved by faith through GRACE. “GRACE” is; The divine influence on our hearts to change the motivation of our hearts and in time, to manifest His divine nature and His righteousness in and through us”.

Only the Spirit can change our “want to”.  By the work of the Holy Spirit, you can want to be changed, but you must choose to give up your soulish life or desires of the flesh to be changed, within your heart, by the Spirit of God. You can’t change the motivations of your heart, it is His work. 

We must suffer and agonize our way to a decision, if necessary and give up our soul life to Him, daily, to death, as it were, on the cross.  This death of soulish self-interest is necessary in order to enter in through the gates of this new "place" (positional) where the King will have dominion and thereby participate with Him in His rule in your heart.  Then will we experience His resurrection life and be partakers of and manifest His divine nature to the world. Thereby glorifying the Father, once more, as Jesus did.

Romans 8:14-19 (NIV) because those who are led by the Spirit of
God are sons of God. For you did not receive a spirit that makes
you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of son ship.
And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." The Spirit himself testifies
with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children,
then we are heirs--heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ,
 if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also
share in his glory.  I consider that our present sufferings are not
worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.
The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God
to be revealed...

 
1Johnn 5:14-15 (NIV) This is the confidence we have in approaching
God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 
And if we know that he hears us--whatever we ask--we know that
we have what we asked of him.

 John 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in My name, that will I
do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

John 14:14 If ye shall ask anything in My name, I will do it.

John 14:15 "If ye love Me, keep My commandments.

 
John 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in My Father, and
you in Me, and I in you.

John 14:21 He that hath My commandments and keepeth them,
he it is that loveth Me; and he that loveth Me shall be loved by
My Father, and I will love him and will manifest Myself to him."

 
John 15:4 "Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear
fruit of itself, unless it abide in the vine, no more can ye, unless
ye abide in Me.

John 15:5 "I am the vine, ye are the branches. He that abideth in
Me and I in Him, the same bringeth forth much fruit, for without
Me ye can do nothing.

 
John 15:6 If a man abide not in Me, he is cast forth as a branch
and is withered; and men gather them and cast them into the
fire, and they are burned.

 
John 15:7 If ye abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ye shall
ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

 
John 15:8 Herein is My Father glorified, that ye bear much
fruit; so shall ye be My disciples.

John 15:9 "As the Father hath loved Me, so have I loved you.
Continue ye in My love.

John 15:10 If ye keep My commandments, ye shall abide in My
love, even as I have kept My Father's commandments, and abide
in His love.

 

~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment